From professional athletes to weekend warriors, ensure your treatment decisions and solutions in your daily practice are current across all levels of athletic injury. Participate in case-based breakout discussions, interactive participant-expert panels and engaging dialogue with faculty for fresh learning approaches and multi-disciplinary solutions.
Unparalleled sports medicine expertise, coupled with downtime for downhill – the 20th Annual Sports Medicine Course is sure to be an unforgettable learning adventure.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the various surgical and nonsurgical treatment protocols for instability conditions of the knee, injuries to knee ligaments, and cartilage disorders
- Review the anatomy, function and injuries of the acromioclavicular joint of the shoulder, and both non-operative and operative treatment strategies for athletic AC joint injuries
- Evaluate indications for tenotomy vs. tenodesis for biceps tendon pathology
- Review performance enhancing medications, side effects, screening protocols, workup, and deficiency of athletes with sports endocrine axis disorders.
- Prescribe correct knee, shoulder and hand/wrist rehabilitation protocols to maximize post-surgical and post-injury function.
- Compare short-term and long-term treatment strategies for team physicians
- Identify practice efficiencies, optimal use of physician extenders (ultrasound, injections, etc.), and cost reductions in the ambulatory setting
Look forward to:
- Keynotes on Top Trending Sports Medicine topics in 2019
- Emerging and leading-edge technology, orthobiologics, and innovative surgical techniques
- Debates and panel discussions offer differing perspectives on controversial topics
- Ample time for recreation — skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, shopping, art galleries, etc.