One of the goals of Dr. Matthew Provencher and The Steadman Clinic is to advance the science of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine for the benefit of patients. Since physicians at The Steadman Clinic are at the leading edge of orthopaedic medicine, we frequently collaborate with outside companies for education, research, and medical advances. The Steadman Clinic and Dr. Provencher support these collaborations as they foster medical breakthroughs; however we also believe that these collaborations must be disclosed.
As part of the disclosure process, this website lists Dr. Provencher’s collaborations with outside companies for which payments were or are being received during the prior year. The disclosures are freely provided and are updated regularly. Further information may be available on individual company websites.
Below are the healthcare industry relationships reported as of April 1, 2017:
CAPT (Ret) Matthew T. Provencher, MD MC USNR (Vail, CO)
- AAOS: Board or committee member
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine: Board or committee member
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons: Board or committee member
- Arthrex, Inc: IP royalties; Paid consultant
- Arthroscopy: Editorial or governing board
- Arthroscopy Association of North America: Board or committee member
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Board or committee member
- Joint Restoration Foundation (Allosource): Paid consultant
- Knee: Editorial or governing board
- Orthopedics: Editorial or governing board
- San Diego Shoulder Institute: Board or committee member
- SLACK Incorporated: Editorial or governing board; Publishing royalties, financial or material support
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons: Board or committee member
By freely disclosing the collaborations between Dr. Provencher and industry, we make this information available to our patients and to the public, thus creating a transparent environment for those who are interested in this information. Furthermore, it should be known that Dr. Provencher does not collect any royalties on products developed by him that are used on patients treated at The Steadman Clinic.
For information on orthopedic treatment options available for the shoulder and knee, please contact Dr. Matthew Provencher’s office in Vail, CO.